神从创造中找到他自己。
God finds himself by creating.
阴影戴上她的面幕,秘密地,温顺地,用她的沉默的爱的脚步,跟在“光”后边。
Shadow, with her veil drawn, follows Light in secret meekness,with her silent steps of love.
群星不怕显得向萤火那样。
The stars are not afraid to appear like fireflies.
谢谢神,我不是一个权力的轮子,而是被压在这轮子下的活人之一。
I thank thee that I am none of the wheels of power but I am one with the living creatures that are crushed by it.
心是尖锐的,不是宽博的,它执着在每一点上,却并不活动。
The mind, sharp but not broad, sticks at every point but does not move.
你的偶象委散在尘土中了,这可证明神的尘土比你的偶象还伟大。
You idol is shattered in the dust to prove that God's dust is greater than your idol.
人不能在他的历史中表现出他自己,他在历史中奋斗着露出头角。
Man does not reveal himself in his history, he struggles up through it.
玻璃灯因为瓦灯叫它做表兄而责备瓦灯。但明月出来时,玻璃灯
却温和地微笑着,叫明月为---“我亲爱的,亲爱的姐姐。”
While the glass lamp rebukes the earthen for calling it cousin the moon rises, and the glass lamp, with a bland smile, calls her,---My dear, dear sister.
我们如海鸥之与波涛相遇似地,遇见了,走近了。海鸥飞去,波涛滚滚地流开,我们也分别了。
Like the meeting of the seagulls and the waves we meet and come near.The seagulls fly off, the waves roll away and we depart.
我的白昼已经完了,我象一只泊在海滩上的小船,谛听着晚潮跳舞的乐声。
My day is done, and I am like a boat drawn on the beach, listening to the dance-music of the tide in the evening.
我们的生命是天赋的,我们惟有献出生命,才能得到生命。
Life is given to us, we earn it by giving it.
当我们是大为谦卑的时候,便是我们最接近伟大的时候。
We come nearest to the great when we are great in humility.
麻雀看见孔雀负担着它的翎尾,替它担忧。
The sparrow is sorry for the peacock at the burden of its tail.
决不要害怕刹那--永恒之声这样唱着。
Never be afraid of the moments--thus sings the voice of the everlas ting.
风于无路之中寻求最短之路,又突然地在“无何有之国”终之了它的追求。
The hurricane seeks the shortest road by the no-road, and suddenly ends its search in the Nowhere.
在我自己的杯中,饮了我的酒吧,朋友。
一倒在别人的杯里,这酒的腾跳的泡沫便要消失了。
Take my wine in my own cup, friend.
It loses its wreath of foam when poured into that of others.
“完全”为了对“不全”的爱,把自己装饰得美丽。
The perfect decks itself in beauty for the love of the Imperfect.
神对人说:“我医治你所以伤害你,爱你所以惩罚你。”
God says to man, I heal you therefore I hurt, love you therefore punish.
谢谢火焰给你光明,但是不要忘了那执灯的人,他是坚忍地站在黑暗当中呢。
Thank the flame for its light, but do not forget the lampholder standing in the shade with constancy of patience.
小草呀,你的足步虽小,但是你拥有你足下的土地。
Tiny grass, your steps are small, but you possess the earth under your tread.
幼花的蓓蕾开放了,它叫道:“亲爱的世界呀,请不要萎谢了。”
The infant flower opens its bud and cries, Dear World, please do not fade.
神对于那些大帝国会感到厌恶,却决不会厌恶那些小小的花朵。
God grows weary of great kingdoms, but never of little flowers.
错误经不起失败,但是真理却不怕失败。
Wrong cannot afford defeat but Right can.
瀑布歌唱道:“虽然渴者只要少许的水便够了,我却很快活地给与了我的全部的水。
I give my whole water in joy, sings the waterfall, though little of it is enough for the thirsty.
把那些花朵抛掷上去的那一阵子无休无止的狂欢大喜的劲儿,其源泉是在哪里呢?
Where is the fountain that throws up these flowers in a ceaseless outbreak of ecstasy?
樵夫的斧头,问树要斧柄。树便给了他。
The woodcutters axe begged for its handle from the tree.The tree gave it.
这寡独的黄昏,幕着雾与雨,我在我的心的孤寂里,感觉到它的叹息。
In my solitude of heart I feel the sigh of this widowed evening veiled with mist and rain. |